Sunday, October 17, 2010

I wish I were a boy

Sometimes I wish I were a boy... 

    By that I mean I wish I could act how boys act. I wish I could put aside all feelings and use my brain and not my heart. I wish I could just roll out of bed and show up and no one care that I look like a mess. I wish I could not grow up by choice and blame it on "maturity." I wish I could travel the world ALONE and it be safe and accepted. I wish I could live the selfish life of "what do I want to do?" and not be looked at weird. I wish I could go to arby's and buy one of everything without feeling like a pregnant cow. I wish I could not shower for 3 days and people think it's normal behavior. I wish I could have a universal excuse for acting barbaric...       


But I am thrilled to be a woman who is not barbaric by choice, who showers regularly, who eats like a queen, who thinks about others, who enjoys being with friends, who is growing up and not fighting it, who enjoys the quiet time in the morning while getting ready, who thinks with my my big heart...
I'm ok with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment