Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Peopleless pictures and some happy things that make me giddy

Sheee Shells in Venice

Eye on top of the Eiffel tower

Lunch in Downtown Portland

Beach in Scotland (so windy and COLD!)


Coast coffee shop in Washington







Here are some pictures I've taken for fun... as you can see I like things not people. That's my eye at the top but as usual it's in digital macro so there's not just a pic of a person. 


I wonder if the fact that I like to take pictures of things and not people means something. In Europe I had to keep reminding myself to put people in my pictures. Am i deranged?? Am I that scary child who cuts the heads out of family portraits!!?? I hope not... Sometimes I seriously wonder if I'm a crazy person and all of my "friends" are actually just people being nice to me because they feel sorry for me and my insanity. Again, I hope not...

Today I started listening to Yanni (judge me), burned a "leaves" scented candle, cracked open my chocolate brown curtains, organized my room (which i love and could live in forever, even with a husband and family).... it was GLORIOUS! It reminded me of freshman year which reminds me of Fall, which reminds me of October which reminds me of going to Tulsa with my parents every year, which reminds me of going to the cabin with my whole family, which reminds me of fooooood ... all of my favorite things!!!! 

AH!!!! I am soooo happy right now thinking about all of the things that make me smile when I think about them! Don't you love thinking about all the things you LOVE?? I could right a whole book about all the things and places and people and memories that make my heart flutter with pure joy! I wish I could bottle up this feeling and give it to everyone, because everyone needs to feel this..


I hope everyone at some time can look around and be overwhelmed by everything around them and how good it is. I feel this often, but probably not often enough. Count cha blessings friends!!! I don't even think i could count that high..






4 comments:

  1. So I just found your blog and I love it!!!! Your posts are great! I started a blog a year ago and I love blogging! Just wanted to tell you that I love your blog and will be reading it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should really be careful about posting that no one reads your blog. Someone might just find it because of that and give it a look.
    That said, those pictures are really quite excellent, none are "normal, subject center" pics my mom always takes. Without your comments, what they are is not immediately evident and as a result they become so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um... HELLOOOOOO lovely blogger JORDAN! First of all, YOU TOOK THOSE PICTURES?!?!?!?!?!? Second of all, I love your blog. I'm a new fan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm so you figured out why we're all friend with you...well it was gonna happen eventually.

    haha jk of course we all love you to death...including meeeeeeeee! (even though you feel it necessary to explain that I'm not your only friend...)

    ReplyDelete